Windows Taskbar "News and interests" is suddenly displaying chinese news and weather and I don't know how to fix it.

Anonymous
2021-06-03T21:12:08+00:00

The button to change languages is also missing.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-16T16:38:17+00:00

    The same happens to me. I cannot change it since I don't speak Chinese. This happened after a Windows update.!!!!Exactly !!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T07:12:31+00:00

    Same issue with me as well. I am from Pakistan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-24T18:41:44+00:00

    Answered above, pasting again.

    **Solution:**This worked for me. Hope it helps others.
    On News and Interests, there is a refresh feed option on top of all the Chinese content. That helped fix it for me. No restart or anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T17:13:46+00:00

    Seems resolved now. I set "News and Interests" back to "Show Icon and Text" and it was intially Chinese, but then when I clicked on it to show the details/headlines it switched to my local weather and language (US English).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T08:32:20+00:00

    I am facing the same issue. I tried changing the language at all possible places. The problem is msn remembers the region language settings and there is no "save" button. Such a poor design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments