The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver

Anonymous
2021-07-28T07:57:42+00:00

Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-18T05:19:27+00:00

    This worked for me and it is listed right in the error message. After reading this and getting an idea of the issue I was like hmm I will check out the recommendation from AMD.... come to find out they have a post on how to stop windows from changing the driver for that device.

    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-29T08:39:22+00:00

    سلام چرای این اخطار واسه من میاد


    Translated from Persian by Google)

    Hello, why is this warning coming to me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-12-29T09:50:00+00:00

    سلام چرای این اخطار واسه من میاد


    Translated from Persian by Google)

    Hello, why is this warning coming to me?


    Please read through the discussion.

    لطفاً بحث را بخوانید.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-07T00:48:41+00:00

    Rolled Back driver and it worked.

    Looking at my windows updates, I can see that windows 11 decided to install the driver. Here's what absurdity i found.

    AMD Driver - 30.0.14011.3017

    Windows update downloads version - 30.0.13025.5005

    now, i'm not wizard, but I like to think i know how numbers work. And usually bigger numbers are newer versions. So My more current and newer version of the AMD driver that I got from the radeon software, isn't new enough for windows, so it decides to install an older version which borks the whole thing up.

    After rolling back I had to re-load my profile for my card.

    Thanks Windows update. now where's the option to stop windows from updating my GPU driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more