I did DDU when the solution says "factory reset". I tried everything, all variants, all options. Factory reset a couple of times, ddu, everything! it shoud theoretically worked the firs time I stopped the Win updates for devices, but ever since I still have the problem every 5-6 days or something no matter what I do
The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver
Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-08-31T21:31:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-01T08:59:20+00:00 Rolling back the driver worked for me, for now at least.
To roll back, type "device manager" (without the quotes) in the windows 10 taskbar search.
If you don't have the search bar in the task bar in windows 10, the simply right mouse click on the task bar and a menu pops up, near the top of the menu you'll see search, click it and then click "show search bar". It will then appear bottom left in the task bar.
Once device manager is open, look for "display adapter".
Double click "display adapter".
Then double click the name of your graphic card.
In the new pop up select the driver tab.
Then select "roll back driver".
This worked for my AMD 6800xt and the Radeon software appeared once again.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-01T09:06:46+00:00 Can you elaborate which version of the driver it rolls back to? Is it the latest you had or a more distant one (like 2-3 versions back)?
-
Anonymous
2021-09-01T09:18:40+00:00 Yeah. I'm having the same issue, or my friend is who's PC I built for him. I made a post about it on reddit too , trying to see if there are any people that have found a more long term solution.
Sometimes it could work for a week or two, other times it had an issue a day later.
MSI 6700XT Mech x2 OC. Done the usual with DDU/CLeanup tool, reinstalling etc. Still having the problem where anywhere between a day and two weeks it'll come up with "Software not compatible" error.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-17T15:51:57+00:00 been having this problem since june when i got my 6700xt, its so annoying, my pc doesn't even have to be off, if its idle for an hour or so screen will flicker, then BAM! all drivers and software is gone, having to install it all again. how does AMD not know about this ??? :(