The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver

Anonymous
2021-07-28T07:57:42+00:00

Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T16:41:23+00:00

    Actually its true that Windows Update causes this AMD driver and Software errors!!

    I have the same issue now for about 3 weeks. I had to REINSTALL AMD driver every 2-3 days. I notice that everytime I reinstall AMD driver, after 2-3 days Windows Updates automatically installed graphic driver called "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.21034.37 ". And AMD software couldnt be launched anymore!

    Solution is that you just roll back driver to previos version and AMD Software will work again even without restarting computer!

    For now I disabled Windows updates and I will check later if Windows Updates want to install this bad driver again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T08:47:08+00:00

    Update on my end - again it does that. Unchecked win to download drivers, did DDU with the latest driver and it worked again for 5-6 days. Today I turned on the PC and it didnt want to start again. :/ I guess im gonna have to reinstall windows again... I dont know how this can be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T09:08:55+00:00

    I did that multiple times! I wouldn't have written about the issue if it was working! :)

    As I said - I'm doing this stuff you mentioned. then I do DDU and everything works fine for a couple of days and it then I guess Win starts to override the current drivers and the issue comes up again. I use System restore to roll back and when I check to see if thera are any hardware changes it says only AMD driver install changed everytime.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T16:03:01+00:00

    I did that multiple times! I wouldn't have written about the issue if it was working! :)

    As I said - I'm doing this stuff you mentioned. then I do DDU and everything works fine for a couple of days and it then I guess Win starts to override the current drivers and the issue comes up again. I use System restore to roll back and when I check to see if thera are any hardware changes it says only AMD driver install changed everytime.

    Hello Kristiyan.

    I never said that I did DDU! You are doing System restore and DDU?? Why??

    No need for that.

    I have still no issues, so my solution is working! ;) You need to read carefully my solution again please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments