The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver

Anonymous
2021-07-28T07:57:42+00:00

Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T08:47:08+00:00

    Update on my end - again it does that. Unchecked win to download drivers, did DDU with the latest driver and it worked again for 5-6 days. Today I turned on the PC and it didnt want to start again. :/ I guess im gonna have to reinstall windows again... I dont know how this can be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T16:41:23+00:00

    Actually its true that Windows Update causes this AMD driver and Software errors!!

    I have the same issue now for about 3 weeks. I had to REINSTALL AMD driver every 2-3 days. I notice that everytime I reinstall AMD driver, after 2-3 days Windows Updates automatically installed graphic driver called "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.21034.37 ". And AMD software couldnt be launched anymore!

    Solution is that you just roll back driver to previos version and AMD Software will work again even without restarting computer!

    For now I disabled Windows updates and I will check later if Windows Updates want to install this bad driver again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T13:52:42+00:00

    i wonder if someone from Microsoft will elaborate on the matter. I really dont like stopping any updates!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T13:06:23+00:00

    The only workaround that I have found is to pause windows update for a week. Seems like amd drivers are downloaded automatically from microsoft store, while if you open Microsoft store it is not present in the list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T11:03:21+00:00

    Update on my end - it happened again, on its own, I have no idea how, didnt even restart/shut down the PC. I was out and when I came back the AMD software wasnt in the taskbar. And when I tried to launch it - same error window came up. So I tried the latest Windows certified driver with Factory reset AGAIN. And it didnt even last a day :D, it disapeared again the next morning (today).

    So, now I made DDU and again installed the latest driver that came out yesterday and am waiting to see what will happen... this is getting ridiculous... >:(

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments