The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver

Anonymous
2021-07-28T07:57:42+00:00

Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T08:59:20+00:00

    Rolling back the driver worked for me, for now at least.

    To roll back, type "device manager" (without the quotes) in the windows 10 taskbar search.

    If you don't have the search bar in the task bar in windows 10, the simply right mouse click on the task bar and a menu pops up, near the top of the menu you'll see search, click it and then click "show search bar". It will then appear bottom left in the task bar.

    Once device manager is open, look for "display adapter".

    Double click "display adapter".

    Then double click the name of your graphic card.

    In the new pop up select the driver tab.

    Then select "roll back driver".

    This worked for my AMD 6800xt and the Radeon software appeared once again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T21:31:55+00:00

    I did DDU when the solution says "factory reset". I tried everything, all variants, all options. Factory reset a couple of times, ddu, everything! it shoud theoretically worked the firs time I stopped the Win updates for devices, but ever since I still have the problem every 5-6 days or something no matter what I do

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T16:03:01+00:00

    I did that multiple times! I wouldn't have written about the issue if it was working! :)

    As I said - I'm doing this stuff you mentioned. then I do DDU and everything works fine for a couple of days and it then I guess Win starts to override the current drivers and the issue comes up again. I use System restore to roll back and when I check to see if thera are any hardware changes it says only AMD driver install changed everytime.

    Hello Kristiyan.

    I never said that I did DDU! You are doing System restore and DDU?? Why??

    No need for that.

    I have still no issues, so my solution is working! ;) You need to read carefully my solution again please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T09:08:55+00:00

    I did that multiple times! I wouldn't have written about the issue if it was working! :)

    As I said - I'm doing this stuff you mentioned. then I do DDU and everything works fine for a couple of days and it then I guess Win starts to override the current drivers and the issue comes up again. I use System restore to roll back and when I check to see if thera are any hardware changes it says only AMD driver install changed everytime.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more