I have the same problem with AMD Vega 8 Ryzen 5 3500U. It works reverting the driver back and installing AMD. But every 2 months I have to do it again.
The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver
Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-22T23:44:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-10T16:47:07+00:00 Actually its true that Windows Update causes this AMD driver and Software errors!!
I have the same issue now for about 3 weeks. I had to REINSTALL AMD driver every 2-3 days. I notice that everytime I reinstall AMD driver, after 2-3 days Windows Updates automatically installed graphic driver called "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.21034.37 ". And AMD software couldnt be launched anymore!
Solution is that you just roll back driver to previos version and AMD Software will work again even without restarting computer!
For now I disabled Windows updates and I will check later if Windows Updates want to install this bad driver again.
Rolling back the driver works, but only for a few days and the system, despite disabling device driver updates, is still trying to overwrite newer drivers. It ends up worse: gray screen and the system stop responding. Microsoft, please make it possible to permanently disable driver updates or resolve newer version detection. (Ryzen 5900HX mobile processor with gfx)
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-01-07T00:48:41+00:00 Rolled Back driver and it worked.
Looking at my windows updates, I can see that windows 11 decided to install the driver. Here's what absurdity i found.
AMD Driver - 30.0.14011.3017
Windows update downloads version - 30.0.13025.5005
now, i'm not wizard, but I like to think i know how numbers work. And usually bigger numbers are newer versions. So My more current and newer version of the AMD driver that I got from the radeon software, isn't new enough for windows, so it decides to install an older version which borks the whole thing up.
After rolling back I had to re-load my profile for my card.
Thanks Windows update. now where's the option to stop windows from updating my GPU driver?
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2021-12-29T09:50:00+00:00 سلام چرای این اخطار واسه من میاد
Translated from Persian by Google)
Hello, why is this warning coming to me?
Please read through the discussion.
لطفاً بحث را بخوانید.
Don