Guys when u install AMD software using the Auto-Detect tool just untick the Factory Reset Box below which is written (recommended). Hopefully this will fix your problem, because in my case it did.
The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver
Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-01-29T15:36:02+00:00 -
JosephT71 9,220 Reputation points
2022-01-23T00:31:00+00:00 Rolled Back driver and it worked.
Looking at my windows updates, I can see that windows 11 decided to install the driver. Here's what absurdity i found.
AMD Driver - 30.0.14011.3017
Windows update downloads version - 30.0.13025.5005
now, i'm not wizard, but I like to think i know how numbers work. And usually bigger numbers are newer versions. So My more current and newer version of the AMD driver that I got from the radeon software, isn't new enough for windows, so it decides to install an older version which borks the whole thing up.
After rolling back I had to re-load my profile for my card.
Thanks Windows update. now where's the option to stop windows from updating my GPU driver?
The difference between the two is that 30.0.13025.5005 is WHQL and 30.0.14011.3017 is optional. WHQL is the stable version which is what is being pushed by Windows Update.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-22T23:44:04+00:00 I have the same problem with AMD Vega 8 Ryzen 5 3500U. It works reverting the driver back and installing AMD. But every 2 months I have to do it again.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2022-01-07T00:48:41+00:00 Rolled Back driver and it worked.
Looking at my windows updates, I can see that windows 11 decided to install the driver. Here's what absurdity i found.
AMD Driver - 30.0.14011.3017
Windows update downloads version - 30.0.13025.5005
now, i'm not wizard, but I like to think i know how numbers work. And usually bigger numbers are newer versions. So My more current and newer version of the AMD driver that I got from the radeon software, isn't new enough for windows, so it decides to install an older version which borks the whole thing up.
After rolling back I had to re-load my profile for my card.
Thanks Windows update. now where's the option to stop windows from updating my GPU driver?