Hi Taffston,
When you re-install Windows Millennium, where are you finding your data still remains after the installation?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm hoping someone can help me out as I'm a little stuck. I have an old Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop running Windows ME. Me intention is to wipe the HDD so I can sell/recycle it safely, but I'm really stuck how to do this.
Few extras:
Any advice would be very welcome!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Taffston,
When you re-install Windows Millennium, where are you finding your data still remains after the installation?
I tried both as neither were working!
I'm booting from a CD though and from Windows this is labelled D:, and the floppy drive is labelled A:. However, I have no floppy disk to use with any of this.
Hi Taffston
In Command Prompt are you at the A drive prompt or C drive prompt, if you are booting from the installation disk, the prompt should be A:>?
Maybe this is a stupid question, but could it be that it's looking for that function on A:, which I think is designated as a floppy drive, but I have nothing in there?
Still no joy unfortunately, I get the same "Bad command..." message when trying "format c:".
I think my replies are being stopped by the forum anti-spam measures or something because I keep getting "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." error messages when trying to reply to your posts! I guess I'm replying too often or something.