Old windows still there in another boot mode?

Anonymous
2021-06-03T13:39:36+00:00

Hey, few days ago I had reinstalled windows on my PC from 32 bit to 64 bit but after that had to reset it cuz of start up issue.

But yesterday when I went to my bios( coz my cmos battery is damaged I had to put date and time and select "others" as my boot mode. There was another one bootmode called "windows 10 64-bit" that doesn't used to work but I remember I had installed my new windows in windows 10 64-bit mode and had to format my drives.)so yesterday when I went into my bios and selected "others" with uefi I went to repair mode and had startup error and when booting in from legacy I had the message "select or insert a bootable media and press a key" it was something like that. But after the installation I didn't had to go to my bios to select boot mode because it was alr selected to "windows 10 64-bit" mode. So the windows in my others is my old windows? Because If I reset it from repair mode to fix startup error will it be my old windows? Also will my data be in there, cuz I had formatted my drive while re-installing coz its a necessary step. So is it my old windows cuz I rlly rlly want it back. Booting from legacy says to put a bootable media and uefi takes me to repair screen as if there is windows there.

My 64bit windows is in other mode so yh if it is my old windows I'll reset from there and will I get my data too? And also if u have 2 windows in a PC and u format a drive from one windows does the storage of the other windows wipe out too.

Regards.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T03:31:31+00:00

    Can you also please tell me how can I delete windows from "windows 10 64 bit" mode?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T10:01:34+00:00

    Can u plz clear my other doubts which I have posted in reply to this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T07:21:41+00:00

    Can u plz respond to my queries which I have replied to ur latest post???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T12:24:52+00:00

    I request u to resolve my pending queries as I will not reinstall until all my queries are resolved

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-11T12:32:29+00:00

    Patience Ruchi. We are just volunteers here and there can be delays in replying.

    >> will there be only 1 drive to select from during installation? 

    Yes.

    >> And if I select win10 pro will my win10 home product key work for it

    Absolutely not. You would need to reinstall again. It should auto-detect Home/Home SL though.

    >>"windows cannot be installed on drive-" 

    There would be a message after that why you cannot do so. Let us know for the next steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments