Hey, I have another doubt, during installation will there be only 1 drive to select from during installation? Because I am planning to shrink after installation. And also if it says "windows cannot be installed on drive-" what am I supposed to do then? And if I select win10 pro will my win10 home product key work for it? Because the Acer laptops product key is in the motherboard and it auto detects I have heard?!
Old windows still there in another boot mode?
Hey, few days ago I had reinstalled windows on my PC from 32 bit to 64 bit but after that had to reset it cuz of start up issue.
But yesterday when I went to my bios( coz my cmos battery is damaged I had to put date and time and select "others" as my boot mode. There was another one bootmode called "windows 10 64-bit" that doesn't used to work but I remember I had installed my new windows in windows 10 64-bit mode and had to format my drives.)so yesterday when I went into my bios and selected "others" with uefi I went to repair mode and had startup error and when booting in from legacy I had the message "select or insert a bootable media and press a key" it was something like that. But after the installation I didn't had to go to my bios to select boot mode because it was alr selected to "windows 10 64-bit" mode. So the windows in my others is my old windows? Because If I reset it from repair mode to fix startup error will it be my old windows? Also will my data be in there, cuz I had formatted my drive while re-installing coz its a necessary step. So is it my old windows cuz I rlly rlly want it back. Booting from legacy says to put a bootable media and uefi takes me to repair screen as if there is windows there.
My 64bit windows is in other mode so yh if it is my old windows I'll reset from there and will I get my data too? And also if u have 2 windows in a PC and u format a drive from one windows does the storage of the other windows wipe out too.
Regards.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-06-09T11:14:45+00:00 -
Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2021-06-08T14:05:02+00:00 Always here to help Ruchi :)
>>can you teach me how to make a D drive from my drive
You need to shrink the C drive to create a new volume. In the disk management, right-click C:, choose to Shrink and enter the amount in MBs you want to shrink the drive, i.e. the size of D. When shrink is done, right-click the unallocated space>New Simple Volume>NTFS.
Shrink Volume or Partition in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
>> I heard that media creation tool makes it so that u can boot both jn legacy and uefi bios?
No, that is not correct. MCT makes the media according to the device it was run on. If you are sure that the system on it ran uses Legacy boot, that is fine.
-
Anonymous
2021-06-08T13:33:17+00:00 Thank you very much for your support also can you teach me how to make a D drive from my drive that u were talking bout and also I heard that media creation tool makes it so that u can boot both jn legacy and uefi bios? Is it true? If yes, then no need kf using Rufus cause I had made a 32 bit drive 15 days ago
-
Anonymous
2021-06-08T12:32:58+00:00 no i actually wanna do it on someone else's pc so can i do it on someone else's pc?