And I do remember I had 2 drives one was "C:" and "D:" Pls help and let me know if D drive will be in my old boot mode i.e. "Others" and "legacy " boot mode.
Regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hey, few days ago I had reinstalled windows on my PC from 32 bit to 64 bit but after that had to reset it cuz of start up issue.
But yesterday when I went to my bios( coz my cmos battery is damaged I had to put date and time and select "others" as my boot mode. There was another one bootmode called "windows 10 64-bit" that doesn't used to work but I remember I had installed my new windows in windows 10 64-bit mode and had to format my drives.)so yesterday when I went into my bios and selected "others" with uefi I went to repair mode and had startup error and when booting in from legacy I had the message "select or insert a bootable media and press a key" it was something like that. But after the installation I didn't had to go to my bios to select boot mode because it was alr selected to "windows 10 64-bit" mode. So the windows in my others is my old windows? Because If I reset it from repair mode to fix startup error will it be my old windows? Also will my data be in there, cuz I had formatted my drive while re-installing coz its a necessary step. So is it my old windows cuz I rlly rlly want it back. Booting from legacy says to put a bootable media and uefi takes me to repair screen as if there is windows there.
My 64bit windows is in other mode so yh if it is my old windows I'll reset from there and will I get my data too? And also if u have 2 windows in a PC and u format a drive from one windows does the storage of the other windows wipe out too.
Regards.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
from your text i see you had reinstalled windows before and you set your new windows on UEFI enviorment , and the UEFI windows is not booting ?
if you rubbed your D drive while reinstalling your windows, i don't think u can get your data back even if you reinstall the windows, go for a data recover app instead like Recuva if you really need the data.
Sure, I will send u the screenshot of disk management.
During installation, when I was choosing partition 1 and formatting it it still was not able to install windows on. So I had to use disk part clean which I had found on YouTube and was able to install it then. But there was only 1 option available after that which was "drive 0 partition 0" I guess not sure about it. Now if I install windows 10 32 bit again in legacy mode coz it was the one in which my old windows was in. Will I get my "D" drive data back? Cuz I think that the mode just needs an OS. So does the place where it shows to install windows on does have only the partitions of "C:" or of other drives too? Also will installing again on my old boot mode which has no OS will have my "D:"?
Regards.