I also tried this...didn't work on my lenovo ideapad flex 5
My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen
My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app. It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-07-01T11:36:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-07-01T11:48:57+00:00 Thank you sooo much...this works, without this method i wouldn't have been able to join my zoom virtual classes
-
Anonymous
2021-07-06T01:45:09+00:00 Thank You brother apiwatth, 100% work for me
-
Anonymous
2021-07-15T20:52:33+00:00 I am also facing the same issue and none of the things mentioned in the chats seem to work.
Please help.
I bought a new laptop in April and have been facing this issue since then.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-16T04:34:48+00:00 Hi kritiarora1 if you have a lenovo ideapad felx 5 11th gen
This should work:
- Make sure you have the updated zoom...if you don't im not sure how to update it without uninstalling and installing it again.
- After this open you zoom "settings" in the right top corner.
- In the video section, click "Advanced".
- After this, in the advance page, click "Video Rendering Method". Next in the dropdown choose option "Direct3D9"
- Then if it still doesn't work after refreshing the app...then reinstall it which is what worked for me.
Please let me know if this worked...