H,
I uninstalled zoom app. Then used browser to open. It worked so far.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app. It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
H,
I uninstalled zoom app. Then used browser to open. It worked so far.
Hi.. I have same problem also.. I've tried many ways, even Lenovo doesn't help much. finally I replaced it with the old zoom version. which version 5.1.2 July 2020. then go to zoom settings, click video, click advance, click video rendering method .. change from auto to direct 3D11 .. then restart zoom. and start the meeting again .. but if that doesn't work either. you can go to google chrome, type zoom extension .. login zoom from zoom extension.. It work so far..
hi.. thanks i want try your suggestion..
thanks a lot
Hi guys,
Pls try changing the video render method in Zoom by following these steps:
Then test if this works.
It works with my machine. Thanks to Ryan D and Chen Blanca the service team at Zoom and Somchai Maneewong, technician at the Lenovo service team in BKK.
Please also note that Lenovo service team has switched my WiFi card to intel 201AX during the troubleshooting process and do not switch it back, so I am not sure this is relevant or not.
Thanks for this information. I too was having the same crashing problem with Zoom on my brand new Lenovo. I do wonder if this is related to the newest Intel gen 11 processors. If everyone here who has a brand new computer, can you share whether you have an 11th gen processor or not? Perhaps it's labeled as an 'evo' processor.
Anyways I have a Zoom meeting tomorrow night in which the host will be sharing several short videos and pictures so hopefully I will know early on if the fix by apiwatth works or not... I do hope it works.