My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

Anonymous
2021-01-11T09:13:40+00:00

My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app.  It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-06T05:04:13+00:00

    My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

    You can go to setting > video > advanced >
    Video Rendering Method > Direct3D11 or choose Direct3D9
    Video Rendering Post Processing > Disable
    Restart Zoom

    It's work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-12T14:21:00+00:00

    Thanks very much! This helped me a great deal. Was feeling pretty down and out, dealing with a brand new lenovo making me feel Zombie-ish over Zoom screen share receipts.

    Thanks a ton guys. It works! Best Smitha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-19T16:20:03+00:00

    Hello,

    I also experiencing the same problem. I cannot fix it. The previous updates of zoom wasn't this much bad. I hope you will help me to overcome.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-10T09:36:34+00:00

    Have you tried this

    1. open “setting” then “video” page
    2. Click the “advanced” button
    3. Find the “video render method” option in the new page, switch to “direct3D9”
    4. Restart Zoom

    Then test if this works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T12:32:50+00:00

    This is also my problem it keeps on crashing whenever someone is sharing screen or whenever I share screen and admitting 16 participants also when I do the share screen. It makes my class distracted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments