My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

Anonymous
2021-01-11T09:13:40+00:00

My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app.  It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T09:58:53+00:00

    Good Day Chan427,

    My name is Carlo, I'm an Independent Advisor and community member like you.

    I am also using Windows 10 pc. Let us work together to sort this out.

    Here's the steps you can try.

    Check for Zoom Updates

    Sign in to Zoom desktop client.

    Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates.

    If there are updates install them and restart your device after.

    If issue persist, you can check Windows Updates

    -Press Windows key + X

    -Go to Settings

    -Click Update and Security

    -Check for Updates and Download and install them to keep your device up to date.

    I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    With Warm Regards,

    Carlo T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T05:28:23+00:00

    Hi Carlo,

    Thanks for your reply. I tried all the steps but same problem still. I can share screen and etc. However, when someone else shares screen, zoom will automatically quit unexpectedly immediately.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T05:38:14+00:00

    Good Day Chan427,

    I appreciate your time in getting back to this thread, if the steps did not work, no worries since this is an open forum, we can ask assistance from other community advisor about their feedback and suggestion with this issue. I will keep this thread open.

    For the meantime you can try to uninstall the Zoom app then re-install it back.

    Here's the link to download

    https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

    Sincerely,

    Carlo T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T06:02:10+00:00

    Yes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling earlier. Same issue. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T08:33:02+00:00

    Hi, I'm Robinson, an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you.

    Which build of Windows are you using?

    1-Press Win+r

    2-type winver then click on OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments