Great. Congratulations ✨👍🏼
My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen
My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app. It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-04-23T06:08:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-04-22T12:09:46+00:00 Oh yes, sorry for the delay.
I had a 2.5 hour Zoom meeting Tuesday night where the host shared 6 short videos at max resolution and he also shared a few pictures. All of them showed up on my screen without issue and no glitching.
So, for me, I have the following setup in Video Settings, under advanced:
Use Hardware Acceleration - All checked
Video Rendering Method:
Direct3D9
Video Rendering Post Processing:
Auto
Video Capturing Method:
Auto
Thanks for the tips apiwatth - I do hope this helps others!
-
Anonymous
2021-04-22T03:48:23+00:00 DLTwig
Not sure if the issue has been solved?
-
Anonymous
2021-04-20T15:27:19+00:00 That's helpful information. I too have the new X1 Titanium, i5 though. I will also try disabling the hardware acceleration, if the DX9 fix doesn't work.
My Previous Surface Book had stupid screen blanking issues that was also tied to the Intel Graphics. Disabling the Hardware Acceleration on all my common apps (Office, Edge, Chrome, etc.) fixed the issue for that surface book, so hopefully it's the fix here.
If it is then it seems we should be starting this thread up on Intel's website, seems they have larger issues to address rather than dealing with losing Apple market share (perhaps Apple got out just in time;-)
-
Anonymous
2021-04-20T14:53:07+00:00 I came here with the same problem -- new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Titanium with 11th Gen i7. Crashes anytime I try to screen share.
EDIT:
I just updated to the latest Zoom client (looks like they've been releasing them in rapid succession lately) and no more issues, version 5.6.3 (751) works fine for me. FWIW, I disabled hardware acceleration during screen share just in case.