My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen

Anonymous
2021-01-11T09:13:40+00:00

My Zoom quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen. It only happens on this new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 (Intel 3i). Not sure if it's related to windows 10 or anything. It doesn't only happens when I open up my zoom sessions on the zoom app.  It is the same even when I use the web version. Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T12:09:46+00:00

    Oh yes, sorry for the delay.

    I had a 2.5 hour Zoom meeting Tuesday night where the host shared 6 short videos at max resolution and he also shared a few pictures. All of them showed up on my screen without issue and no glitching. 

    So, for me, I have the following setup in Video Settings, under advanced:

    Use Hardware Acceleration - All checked

    Video Rendering Method:

    Direct3D9

    Video Rendering Post Processing:

    Auto

    Video Capturing Method:

    Auto

    Thanks for the tips apiwatth - I do hope this helps others!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T10:23:19+00:00

    This is a new laptop started using on 20 Dec 2020. However recently only Zoom keeps crashing once other people share screen.

    I checked the update history:

    Feature Updates:

    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - 13 Jan 2021

    Quality updates:

    2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4592438) - 22 dec 2020

    Driver updates:

    Realtek - Net - 10.43.1029.2020 - 9 Jan 2021

    Intel(R) Corporation - MEDIA - 10.29.0.4548 - 25 dec 2020

    Other updates:

    2020-11 Cumulative update preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB4586876) - 30 Dec 2020

    Contacted Lenovo helpdesk couldn't help too. Asked to get help from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T14:53:07+00:00

    I came here with the same problem -- new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Titanium with 11th Gen i7.  Crashes anytime I try to screen share.

    EDIT:
    I just updated to the latest Zoom client (looks like they've been releasing them in rapid succession lately) and no more issues, version 5.6.3 (751) works fine for me.  FWIW, I disabled hardware acceleration during screen share just in case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T10:07:30+00:00

    Hi.. I have same problem also.. I've tried many ways, even Lenovo doesn't help much.  finally I replaced it with the old zoom version.  which version 5.1.2 July 2020. then go to zoom settings, click video, click advance, click video rendering method .. change from auto to direct 3D11 .. then restart zoom.  and start the meeting again .. but if that doesn't work either.  you can go to google chrome, type zoom extension .. login zoom from zoom extension.. It work so far..

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T09:46:31+00:00

    H,

    I uninstalled zoom app. Then used browser  to open. It worked so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments