Green checkmarks on desktop icons

Anonymous
2020-12-23T01:29:03+00:00

How do I get rid of the green check marks on my desktop icons and photos in windows 10?

I must have done something, but I don't know what---today, when I went to my photos, there's these checkmarks on each photo--

I googled and can't seem to fix it---the word Drop Box comes up and I have no idea what that is--

Can someone help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-03-14T18:12:21+00:00

rightclick your desktop

refresh

worked for me

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-12-23T02:09:43+00:00

Hello MaryWilliamsRN,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with green check marks on your icons on windows 10.

This indicates that those files are synchronized with Microsoft OneDrive

Look for OneDrive(Cloud) icon on the bottom right side of your taskbar (system tray)

Right click it then select Close OneDrive

Click Close OneDrive again

If it doesn't work, Safely restart your PC

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-07T21:43:50+00:00

    I take those steps you suggest to remove the check marks from my desktop icons, I Close the OneDrive (Cloud) icon on the bottom right side of the taskbar and the check marks disappear; but when I close and open back my computer, the marks are there again. I want to know how to get rid of them forever, not only for that time I am at the computer. Can you help me get rid of those check marks once and for all? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. Peter Trevino

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-07T02:27:37+00:00

    that worked! thx much

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-05T08:16:44+00:00

    you are great.

    Thank you.

    Alexis <removed by Moderator>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments