Green checkmarks on desktop icons

Anonymous
2020-12-23T01:29:03+00:00

How do I get rid of the green check marks on my desktop icons and photos in windows 10?

I must have done something, but I don't know what---today, when I went to my photos, there's these checkmarks on each photo--

I googled and can't seem to fix it---the word Drop Box comes up and I have no idea what that is--

Can someone help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-03-14T18:12:21+00:00

rightclick your desktop

refresh

worked for me

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-12-23T02:09:43+00:00

Hello MaryWilliamsRN,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with green check marks on your icons on windows 10.

This indicates that those files are synchronized with Microsoft OneDrive

Look for OneDrive(Cloud) icon on the bottom right side of your taskbar (system tray)

Right click it then select Close OneDrive

Click Close OneDrive again

If it doesn't work, Safely restart your PC

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-28T19:16:03+00:00

    I am so confused. I've attached a screen shot of my issue. Those green checkmarks in the lower left-hand corner of my file icons are ANNOYING. I would like to know how to turn that feature off. They clock my view when I'm trying to find a picture ... I do not use the cloud. Clouds are for rain. Cookies are for milk ... thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-27T17:42:32+00:00

    Thanks this worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-30T03:58:30+00:00

    The green checkmarks come from Microsoft Office which I installed about 4 years ago. They didn't show up until the last several months. On the back of the card, OneDrive is listed as one of the features. I talked to someone at Microsoft about this and I was told I could delete it by clicking on the bar on the bottom of the page and deleting it. Fat chance doing that because it is not there - never was. I need another kind of office on my computer, like the one I had several years ago. Thanks everyone for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments