Can't connect Galaxy S20+ to Windows 10 PC - "We're having issues authenticating your devices"

Anonymous
2020-12-03T05:15:00+00:00

I'm trying to link my Galaxy S20+ to my Windows 10 PC via the Your Phone Windows app and am getting the following error as soon as I select "Android" and click Continue: 

In the Link to Windows settings on my phone, I click "Add computer" and scan the QR code, which takes me to this endless loading screen that says - "Check your PC - We're checking one more thing on your PC before we ask for a final permission":

Additionally, when I click "Done" on my PC, it also has an endless loading wheel.

Both my phone and PC are connected to the same WiFi network.

Troubleshooting I've tried:

  • Restarted my PC
  • Restarted my phone
  • Logged into my Microsoft account in the browser and removed my linked phone
  • Clicked the Repair button in the Your Phone app settings on my PC
  • Clicked the Reset button in the Your Phone app settings on my PC
  • Clicked the Terminate button in the Your Phone app settings on my PC
  • Uninstalled Your Phone via Powershell and reinstalled it on my PC
  • Updated my drivers on my PC
  • Allowed Your Phone to run in background on my PC
  • Turned on Share Across Devices on my PC
  • Disabled Battery Saver on my PC
  • Force Stopped, Cleared Cache, and Cleared Data for Your Phone Companion on my phone
  • Removed the Your Phone Companion Microsoft account from Link to Windows settings on my phone
  • Turned on notifications for Your Phone on my phone
  • Turned on Your Phone under Accessibility settings on my phone
  • Made sure that Airplane Mode, Do Not Disturb, and networking metering are all turned off in my phone
  • Reset network settings in my phone
  • Went into my router settings and set my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Performed an in-place "Upgrade Now" Windows re-install

Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-18T05:45:57+00:00

    my phone is not iphone or samsung how do i connect

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-18T06:04:21+00:00

    Guys, I figured it out. I had linked a school email address to my PC ages ago, and apparently the email account just got deactivated, because Windows could no longer connect to it. On my PC I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school -> Clicked on the account -> Disconnect.

    Tried the Your Phone linking process again and breezed through it, working great now. Thanks for your efforts Greg!

    I had to change my school email password as a security measure. This immediately broke. I saw no correlation. I am livid that Microsoft allowed this issue despite the account that the app is registered to being an entirely different account and I thank you so much for finding that this is the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-19T22:16:53+00:00

    Yep, my problem as well.  

    Removed extra account from Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts and it worked immediately. 

    Thanks everyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-24T03:56:37+00:00

    YES, This worked!

    I've been trying for weeks, I could link one pc but not on another. 

    I had an old work account linked to my pc.

    This by the way looks like what it was causing my other login issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-25T18:54:46+00:00

    NO WAY IVE HAD THIS ISSUE FOR SO LONG THATS BEEN THE ISSUE FOR WHAT IM GUESSING IS SO MANY THINGS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments