YOU ARE THE MAN !!! I don't know what tipped you off to the fix, but a fix it is.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm trying to link my Galaxy S20+ to my Windows 10 PC via the Your Phone Windows app and am getting the following error as soon as I select "Android" and click Continue:
In the Link to Windows settings on my phone, I click "Add computer" and scan the QR code, which takes me to this endless loading screen that says - "Check your PC - We're checking one more thing on your PC before we ask for a final permission":
Additionally, when I click "Done" on my PC, it also has an endless loading wheel.
Both my phone and PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
Troubleshooting I've tried:
Any help would be appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
YOU ARE THE MAN !!! I don't know what tipped you off to the fix, but a fix it is.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thanks for the help, but like some others, I tried all of the above, several times, to no avail. Why on Earth is not Samsung rushing to get the fixed? Has anyone put this issue to them?
Guys, I figured it out. I had linked a school email address to my PC ages ago, and apparently the email account just got deactivated, because Windows could no longer connect to it. On my PC I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school -> Clicked on the account -> Disconnect.
Tried the Your Phone linking process again and breezed through it, working great now. Thanks for your efforts Greg!
Exactly the same issue as OP. Spent hours trying to fix this.
Thanks for the solution. On my PC I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school -> Clicked on the account -> Disconnect.
Hi friend, I am facing same issue -- my phone shows one final step permissions and its keep Loading, but one thing I noticed is my windows shows its already linked to my phone but s20 plus but it looks like its not, I have purchased phone from ebay sold by Microsoft, I believe this phone is not outdated or renewed.
Please let me know of if you could able to fix the issue, email me at ******@gmail.com
I am not an MVP or some tech superstar, just technology devices are afraid of me and self-correct. Seriously, this has been plaguing me for about a month and I have tried all the normal solutions that have been provided here. I am not saying that my fix is the only solution or that my assumptions are correct, I know a.. out of me and u, no worries, I was an a.. before I assumed anything. So enough rambling here is the answer: The answer is hidden in the error message, we are having a problem AUTHENTICATING. This indicates that it is an issue with logins or account. If you are on a Windows 10 PC, check your accounts and remove any old accounts and make sure that you are logged into the Microsoft account that has access to the phone device and that you are logged into the same Microsoft account on the phone as well. On the PC run the tool to fix your Microsoft accounts in the settings section. Then go to the manage your account link and make sure that you are current with your billing and you do not have any errors or issues in the account. I figured this out when I was working in Word and I saw a yellow triangle caution alert by my account profile in the top right corner. I logged out and then logged back into the word and it did not go away. Went to manage my Microsoft account and for some reason, it was not processing my billing correctly. Forced the payment and BOOM Your Phone App magically starts connecting.
It is clearly an app that ties into multiple authentification platforms and is prime to have connection and integration issues. So when in doubt, verify your accounts and logins are working correctly on each device. Specifically, Microsoft accounts. They have to be the same on both devices. Hope this helps others, peace out ya'll!