Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2020-12-04T12:48:31+00:00

I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.

But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"

  • Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
  • Several time restart also could not fix.

Now how do I gonna fix that?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T01:19:51+00:00

    Can't I get windows updates again because of this?

    How to I fix this problem?

    Please reply soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T11:34:57+00:00

    Preview so we can opt out of it ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T11:38:25+00:00

    I have the same issue on kb5000802 but it says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.  ive not seen any new options since like December 

    each time I restart  kb5000802 is there with red error prompting retry with 

     Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-14T20:30:27+00:00

    Hi John, you main recommendation was " waiting for the next week". That was last year in December. Can you check if the bug is being fixed. Now its almost 3 months later. I'm getting the error every day when the machine tries to download the March 9 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-15T01:23:50+00:00

    up same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments