Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2020-12-04T12:48:31+00:00

I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.

But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"

  • Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
  • Several time restart also could not fix.

Now how do I gonna fix that?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T14:27:57+00:00

    I tried this way, but failed.

    Any other options?

    Best Regards,

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-10T05:33:59+00:00

    I am getting the same error code across numerous different attempted updates. When I go outside windows update and try to install software using third party xerox, amd, asus, the installs also fail.

    Tried to install Visual studio 2022 and the installer begins to run then disappears with no error messages.

    Done all the usual trouble shooting to no success !

    Any ideas? Need a install program that will write a very detailed log while installing the hello program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-08T18:52:06+00:00

    There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x800f0805)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments