Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2020-12-04T12:48:31+00:00

I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.

But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"

  • Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
  • Several time restart also could not fix.

Now how do I gonna fix that?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T13:21:51+00:00

    Hello Subhajit,

    Thank you for updating me with that information. Can you confirm if it is already installed?

    Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon)

    Select Update and Security > View update history

    Click Uninstall updates

    Under Microsoft Windows, check if KB4586853 is in the list

    Reset Windows Update Components

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset...

    Sincerely

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T13:07:45+00:00

    After restart it stated downloading again. I don't even know why, it already installed in my PC. And then showing download error!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-04T13:02:29+00:00

    Hello Subhajit,

    I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem installing Preview Update KB4586853.

    If you do not experience any issues with your computer, there is no need to install optional preview updates. I recommend waiting for the next week Patch Tuesday. All fixes in KB4586853 will also be included in new updates next week.

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Sincerely

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments