Hi John, you main recommendation was " waiting for the next week". That was last year in December. Can you check if the bug is being fixed. Now its almost 3 months later. I'm getting the error every day when the machine tries to download the March 9 update.
Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002
I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.
But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.
"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"
- Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
- Several time restart also could not fix.
Now how do I gonna fix that?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-03-14T20:30:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-24T03:19:33+00:00 Same problem with Subhajit Nandi (2020)
I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.
But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.
"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"
- Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
- Several time restart also could not fix.
Now how do I gonna fix that?
-
Anonymous
2021-03-14T11:38:25+00:00 I have the same issue on kb5000802 but it says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. ive not seen any new options since like December
each time I restart kb5000802 is there with red error prompting retry with
Your device is missing important security and quality fixes
-
Anonymous
2020-12-04T13:48:45+00:00 Hello Subhajit,
You can try uninstalling the update but it does not guarantee that it will fix the issue. If it doesn't work, better to wait for next week updates.
Sincerely
John DeV
Independent Advisor