There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)
Windows Update Download error - 0x80070002
I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.
But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.
"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"
- Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
- Several time restart also could not fix.
Now how do I gonna fix that?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-08-26T04:53:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-08-11T15:45:59+00:00 how to "reset Catroot2 folder"?
My error is 0x80070001
-
Anonymous
2021-07-30T19:37:30+00:00 I have downloaded 2020-11 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4586853) and successfully installed via windows update. Goes well.
But after restart the PC KB4586853 starts download again and error occurs Download error - 0x80070002.
"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070002)"
- Windows Update Troubleshooter could not fix that.
- Several time restart also could not fix.
Now how do I gonna fix that?
how do I fix
-
Anonymous
2021-07-28T04:50:35+00:00 Hi Subhajit Nandi,
I am Anthony, <removed> a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.
I would recommend you to try each methods provided on the articles below to fix this issue:
1. Disable your Antivirus Program temporarily
2. Run System File Checker
- Open Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges.
- Run the command "*sfc /scannow" (*without quotes)
- Restart your system after the scan completes.
3. Reset Windows Update Components & folders
The following suggestions will help you if you to reset the Windows Update components to default:
- First, reset Windows Update Agent
- Then remove the files inside the SoftwareDistribution folder
- And at last, reset Catroot2 folder.
Hope it helps.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-19T13:00:06+00:00 I didn't have this problem. Hence, I'm sorry that I can't be of help to you.