MSN Dot Com Loading on start up

Anonymous
2020-12-13T14:05:38+00:00

I am plagued with MSN Dot Com loading up every time i switch on my computer and reading up on it all i see is a lot of talk about:

Do you have Mozilla or firefox.

I do not know what they are?

All i know is that i have windows 10, and Google Chrome and that i have Edge but do not use edge i use Google Chrome.

I cannot find anyway of switching this page off every time i put my computer on.

It loads with MSN dot Com and asks "Do i want to accept cookies" Which i don't.

How do i stop this from loading every time i switch on my computer?

This is what loads up 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-02-01T00:33:08+00:00

Hi Don.

The message has disappeared again altogether.

I think i misunderstood it.

It was not "

"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"

-  -  -

Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.

Don

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-25T19:00:20+00:00

I will uninstall AVG.

Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.

I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.

After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"

I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.

It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.

I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.

The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?

-   -   -

  1. This isn't related to the phone.

2. > I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.

Was AVG uninstalled yesterday? 

Don

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T01:17:12+00:00

    To be honest with you AVG is beginning to annoy me.

    It keeps coming up telling me things like "My ISP Number is exposed and i am being tracked, then other items.

    It then asks me to pay for it.

    It never used to be like that.

    I changed the Microsoft Password to see what happens.

    The Emails worked ok today.

    I will see what happens tomorrow.

    If i uninstall AVG will windows Defender reactivate, i never realised that. 

    Where i have the entry ""wdNivWSvc  Stopped (This entry is called Microsoft defender antivirus network)

    I tried to switch it back on, it would not switch over to "Running"

    It remains on "Stopped"

    Is this because of AVG? 

    -   -   -

    Windows Defender turns itself off when it detects another antivirus program. It should turn on when AVG is uninstalled, but you should check periodically if there's not some obvious sign that it is running again.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T14:21:00+00:00

    I will uninstall AVG.

    Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.

    I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.

    After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"

    I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.

    It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.

    I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.

    The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-25T23:30:20+00:00

    Hi Don.

    I uninstalled AVG today and went onto the emails.

    The message "To protect your ID" was not there.
    It may have disappeared!

    I just uninstalled AVG altogether, do not recall fixing microsoft account just before it.

    Knowing my luck it might return tomorrow, but this does seem different.
    Lets Hope.
    I will see what happens in the next two days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments