Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am plagued with MSN Dot Com loading up every time i switch on my computer and reading up on it all i see is a lot of talk about:
Do you have Mozilla or firefox.
I do not know what they are?
All i know is that i have windows 10, and Google Chrome and that i have Edge but do not use edge i use Google Chrome.
I cannot find anyway of switching this page off every time i put my computer on.
It loads with MSN dot Com and asks "Do i want to accept cookies" Which i don't.
How do i stop this from loading every time i switch on my computer?
This is what loads up
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
I will uninstall AVG.
Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.
I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.
After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"
I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.
I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.
The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?
- - -
2. > I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
Was AVG uninstalled yesterday?
Don
I found the services Tab.
It is something i have never really seen before.
Here are the listings to do with AVG Avast and CCleaner and Windows Defender
AVG Antivirus Running
AVG Tools Running
avgbISDAgent Running
AvgWscReporter Running.
There is nothing in the list to do with Avast?
Avast is not mentioned.
There is nothing listed to do with CCleaner
Windows Defender has some entries listed as i am guessing wdi and wd.
wdiServiceHost Running (This entry is called Diagnostic service host)
wdiSystemhost Running (This entry is called Diagnostic system host)
wdNivWSvc Stopped (This entry is called Microsoft defender antivirus network)
- - -
OK. AVG is free, so if you uninstall it and decide to reinstall it, it won't cost you anything, right?
AVG and other antivirus programs do so much more today than they used to do. And a privacy or anti tracking or other feature might be signing you out of Windows Live Mail.
I'd suggest that you uninstall AVG and let Windows Defender reactivate itself, which it should do after AVG is uninstalled. Run Windows Defender/Microsoft Defender for a day or two. See if the signing out problem stops.
These aren't Windows Defender.
wdiServiceHost Running
wdiSystemhost Running
wdNivWSvc Stopped
A few hours after uninstalling AVG, if there hasn't been some sign that Windows Defender is running, check Task Manager for WinDefend or other entries that tell you that it is running.
See this article for instructions on uninstalling AVG
Don
I found the services Tab.
It is something i have never really seen before.
Here are the listings to do with AVG Avast and CCleaner and Windows Defender
AVG Antivirus Running
AVG Tools Running
avgbISDAgent Running
AvgWscReporter Running.
There is nothing in the list to do with Avast?
Avast is not mentioned.
There is nothing listed to do with CCleaner
Windows Defender has some entries listed as i am guessing wdi and wd.
wdiServiceHost Running (This entry is called Diagnostic service host)
wdiSystemhost Running (This entry is called Diagnostic system host)
wdNivWSvc Stopped (This entry is called Microsoft defender antivirus network)
In Start up Apps.
It says :
AVG AV Launch component ON
Avast SecureLine VPN OFF
CCleaner ON
The rest are Cortana, Skype, Spotify, Windows Security notification icon, Windows host processes rundl32, Windows host Rundl32, Your Phone, HP Printer updater
- - -
OK. Lets see if we can determine which program is causing the "You must sign in again" problem.
R-click the Taskbar and open Task Manager again. In the Services tab, is WinDefend running?
Is CCleaner running as a service?
I don't know what, exactly, they will be called, but are Avast and AVG running as services?
Don