Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am plagued with MSN Dot Com loading up every time i switch on my computer and reading up on it all i see is a lot of talk about:
Do you have Mozilla or firefox.
I do not know what they are?
All i know is that i have windows 10, and Google Chrome and that i have Edge but do not use edge i use Google Chrome.
I cannot find anyway of switching this page off every time i put my computer on.
It loads with MSN dot Com and asks "Do i want to accept cookies" Which i don't.
How do i stop this from loading every time i switch on my computer?
This is what loads up
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
I will uninstall AVG.
Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.
I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.
After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"
I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.
I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.
The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?
- - -
2. > I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
Was AVG uninstalled yesterday?
Don
Hi Don.
I found a lot of confusion in the link you sent with people saying this and that did not work.
Looking up further i found this YouTube 2 minute video which explains about disabling both the pin number and the password at log in on Windows 10.
Take a look at it and tell me what you think, it is well presented.
I will try this tomorrow on the other computer to see if it works.
It is a video by IP Malik
Hi Don.
From what i remember, you have to eliminate the pin number.
Then it reverts to "You have to put a password in"
You then have to get rid of this password as well.
It could go wrong if you do not know the password.
I cannot remember if it is the same password as the Microsoft password?
I found a link once, but cannot remember where it was.
Stage 1 is to eliminate the Pin Number and disable it.
After this it reverts to the user having to put in a password, which then has to be disabled
- - -
I have 2 posts on this on page 12 of this thread:
Don
Hi Don.
From what i remember, you have to eliminate the pin number.
Then it reverts to "You have to put a password in"
You then have to get rid of this password as well.
It could go wrong if you do not know the password.
I cannot remember if it is the same password as the Microsoft password?
I found a link once, but cannot remember where it was.
Stage 1 is to eliminate the Pin Number and disable it.
After this it reverts to the user having to put in a password, which then has to be disabled