Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am plagued with MSN Dot Com loading up every time i switch on my computer and reading up on it all i see is a lot of talk about:
Do you have Mozilla or firefox.
I do not know what they are?
All i know is that i have windows 10, and Google Chrome and that i have Edge but do not use edge i use Google Chrome.
I cannot find anyway of switching this page off every time i put my computer on.
It loads with MSN dot Com and asks "Do i want to accept cookies" Which i don't.
How do i stop this from loading every time i switch on my computer?
This is what loads up
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Don.
The message has disappeared again altogether.
I think i misunderstood it.
It was not "
"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"
- - -
Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.
Don
I will uninstall AVG.
Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.
I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.
After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"
I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.
I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.
The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?
- - -
2. > I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.
Was AVG uninstalled yesterday?
Don
Hi Don.
In settings i found that "uncheck Launch the CCleaner app window each time the computer starts" was already unchecked.
In settings i found that Smart Cleaning was ticked so i unchecked it.
I restarted it and checked Task Manager. C Cleaner was listed so i right clicked to end the task.
I checked having restarted it and both Launch the CCleaner and Smart Cleaning are unchecked.
They both remained unchecked.
I will see what happens in the few days ahead.
I hope it works and would be grateful.
If i deleted my Microsoft account i do not know if that would be easy to restore
I used their feedback form, was a bit upset, my language was not very good, but i had had enough of it.
I don't understand the feedback form too well, i do not think they are real people, it looks more like a bot type search engine
Every day i fix this Microsoft account, it tells me it is working, the next day it is not as happened today as soon as i read my emails.
I do not know why it tells me all accounts are working correctly and the next day it is not?
I could not find a setting in C Cleaner. Cannot find the option Monitoring (To uncheck it from settings)
- - -
OK. Settings have changed in the newest version of CCleaner.
Options > Settings > uncheck Launch the CCleaner app window each time the computer starts.
Options > Smart Cleaning > uncheck Enable smart cleaning.
Options > Scheduling > disable this. You do not want CCleaner running automatically.
After changing those settings, on the next startup, check Task Manager > Startup to verify that CCleaner is not loading at startup.
Don
Hi Don.
I switch my desktop computer off at the mains before going to bed.
I was told the MSN Page could be because of the Router looking to connect.
Is this true?
I am still getting the problem with the email all the time.
Do i just delete my entire microsoft account and start from scratch, because pressing fix does not cure it?