MSN Dot Com Loading on start up

Anonymous
2020-12-13T14:05:38+00:00

I am plagued with MSN Dot Com loading up every time i switch on my computer and reading up on it all i see is a lot of talk about:

Do you have Mozilla or firefox.

I do not know what they are?

All i know is that i have windows 10, and Google Chrome and that i have Edge but do not use edge i use Google Chrome.

I cannot find anyway of switching this page off every time i put my computer on.

It loads with MSN dot Com and asks "Do i want to accept cookies" Which i don't.

How do i stop this from loading every time i switch on my computer?

This is what loads up 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-02-01T00:33:08+00:00

Hi Don.

The message has disappeared again altogether.

I think i misunderstood it.

It was not "

"To protect your online ID"It was "You must sign in again"

-  -  -

Sorry for disappearing. If the message comes back, let me know.

Don

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-25T19:00:20+00:00

I will uninstall AVG.

Changing my password did not work with Windows Live Mail.

I fixed the Microsoft account, by typing in my pin number after it said it needs fixing last night.

After doing so it said "all accounts are working correctly"

I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.

It all began after i updated my Microsoft account to include a mobile number.

I waited 30 days for it to be updated and this is where it all began.

The phone i have is not android, it is windows 10, i am confused as to what is going on here?

-   -   -

  1. This isn't related to the phone.

2. > I go to bed, wake up, put my computer on log into windows live mail and as usual it says "To protect your online ID" Message.

Was AVG uninstalled yesterday? 

Don

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T13:45:07+00:00

    I gave up on the first problem.

    There is no way of stopping MSN loading at start up.

    It does not appear in start up and as for Task Manager as far as i am aware it only stops processes as the computer is on.

    Once switched on and off it would only come back on.

    I do not know what MSN is called in Task Manager.

    Every day i fix this Microsoft account, it tells me it is working, the next day it is not as happened today as soon as i read my emails.

    I do not know why it tells me all accounts are working correctly and the next day it is not?

    I could not find a setting in C Cleaner. Cannot find the option Monitoring (To uncheck it from settings) 

    It is beginning to look like there is no cure for any of this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-13T12:50:57+00:00

    The image of the email program i have is exactly right. 

    I also have **** Cleaner.

    I tried the Windows 10 Mail app and i have never liked it.

    The older one is best for me, it never gave any trouble before. 

    -  -  -

    You're posting new problems without telling me that you've tried procedures that I suggested.

    Did you check Task Manager to see if you can find a service, app or process that's starting Chrome?

    Did you stop CCleaner from loading at startup to see if that affects the sign in problems?

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-12T23:31:02+00:00

    Hi Don.

    The image of the email program i have is exactly right. 

    I also have **** Cleaner.

    I tried the Windows 10 Mail app and i have never liked it.

    The older one is best for me, it never gave any trouble before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments