Had the exact same symptoms as OP ever since i upgraded from a Ryzen 7 1700 to a 3700x on a Asus Crosshair VI Hero. Tried pretty much everything the internet suggested although i dont even use Corsair Link or NZXT CAM, i've been using the old Aura Sync to control my RGB.
For the people still searching for a solution, try to disable Global C-state control in the BIOS:

I tried that as a last effort before returning the processor back but after1 week of use i have yet to experience a "freeze" with the C-state Control disabled.
I will report back in case i get another freeze but so far it seemed to solve my "freezing" problem.
Hi all
Seems like the issue is resolved for me and the few people who read my post. Glad I could help. Almost a month without the aforementioned symptoms.
I uploaded a video showing my unresponsive pc to further narrow down the problem and mitigate possible false diagnosis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMTSqLTV48
If you have symptoms like that then please try to disable "Global C-States" in your BIOS. (If another motherboard vendor is used then google where you can find the setting)
Also, credits should go to Creativem0nster1 over on the Linus Tech Tips Forums because he first suggested the solution, yet it got too little attention:
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1223050-new-pc-strange-windows-freezes-probable-cause-nzxt-cam/?do=findComment&comment=14627714
HUGE thanks to this guy, im trying to spread the word.
Note: The setting "Global C-States" is responsible for the reduced power consumption when your PC is in idle. But I'll take a working system over a bit more power draw at idle any day of the week ;)
Regards
McK