DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

Anonymous
2020-10-06T21:14:57+00:00

When I enable DTS Sound Unbound (DTS Headphone X) the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T10:36:40+00:00

    I just checked the Sound Unbound App and indeed, the crackling is gone... but you can't turn on DTS anymore at all. So of course there is no crackling because the feature is not turned on. Everytime I try to turn it on it sets itself back to deactivated... NOT SOLVED

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T10:10:46+00:00

    Hi,

    I try to enable the DTS but it is always getting off from spatial sound setting and I could not turn on from the unbound app, how did you guys turned on dts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-10T14:58:21+00:00

    I can FINALLY say it's over. Found today the update, and...puff! The resolved it. It took 7 months. wow... 

    This is it! Hopefully. 

    Thanks to all the community!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-09T14:08:26+00:00

    As of 5/9/21, the DTS Headphone X crackling problem does not happen anymore for me. The DTS Headphone X app was updated about 2 days ago, so I ran some testing. I can now conclude that the crackling problem is officially fixed.

    Thank you for everyone's help throughout this thread, and for the months that this has been a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T14:11:20+00:00

    Got same problem with my Pro X headphone.....the sound really cracking annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments