DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

Anonymous
2020-10-06T21:14:57+00:00

When I enable DTS Sound Unbound (DTS Headphone X) the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T23:31:31+00:00

    So, thank you for the update? I don't know if this new update/"fix" still feels like it requires a lot of work... My stuff can mess up still if I minimize the app, mute some sound or something. I will take it for now, but hope you get us a better fix soon. DTS app sucks so far. rip... Logitech still makes the best hardware in my opinion, but once again they need to step up their game.

    Thanks, Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-16T12:45:37+00:00

    Hi, 

    Its working for me now as he showed me how to enable it.

    From Windows sound tray icon (right bottom corner) wont work, I enabled it inside Setting app ->  System -> Sound -> Device properties 

    you can change spatial sound there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-15T12:07:02+00:00

    Definetly does not work. It always goes back automatically to deactivated. I tried a different headset and it works. I tried a 2.1 sound system and it works. As soon as you connect the Pro X headset it deactivates it self even when the spatial surround sound is turned on. Even if spatial surround was turned on prior to connecting the Pro X headset... immediatly after connecting it goes back to deactivated. Now the issue is not sound unbound anymore but it is logitech who needs to fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T18:39:44+00:00

    Samzalahi,

    Go to Settings>System>Sound>Device properties>Spatial Sound. Then select DTS Headphone:X in the menu. This is the only way I could get my DTS enabled and stay enabled.

    I am sorry that I didn't reply sooner. I encourage you to try this fix and please reply to me if it does or doesn't work.

    Have a good day!


    Darth Awesome12

    Xbox Ambassador

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T18:38:37+00:00

    AtahualpaSeyffert, 

    I have experienced that problem before, and it is an easy fix. The DTS issue is currently solved, all you need to do to enable it is go to Settings>System>Sound>Device properties>Spatial Sound. Then select DTS Headphone:X in the menu. This is the only way I could get my DTS enabled and stay enabled.

    I am sorry that I didn't reply sooner. I encourage you to try this fix and please reply to me if it does or doesn't work.

    Have a good day!


    Darth Awesome12

    Xbox Ambassador

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments