DTS Sound Unbound Makes Audio Distorted

Anonymous
2020-10-06T21:14:57+00:00

When I enable DTS Sound Unbound (DTS Headphone X) the audio becomes distorted and the only fix is to disable the surround sound. I am using a Logitech G Pro X Headset.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-27T23:31:31+00:00

    So, thank you for the update? I don't know if this new update/"fix" still feels like it requires a lot of work... My stuff can mess up still if I minimize the app, mute some sound or something. I will take it for now, but hope you get us a better fix soon. DTS app sucks so far. rip... Logitech still makes the best hardware in my opinion, but once again they need to step up their game.

    Thanks, Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T10:36:40+00:00

    I just checked the Sound Unbound App and indeed, the crackling is gone... but you can't turn on DTS anymore at all. So of course there is no crackling because the feature is not turned on. Everytime I try to turn it on it sets itself back to deactivated... NOT SOLVED

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T10:10:46+00:00

    Hi,

    I try to enable the DTS but it is always getting off from spatial sound setting and I could not turn on from the unbound app, how did you guys turned on dts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T19:33:10+00:00

    I have already tried this. I believe that the problem was caused when I updated to the new version of DTS Sound Unbound yesterday morning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T00:40:34+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bianca, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft, an expert and a Microsoft user like you. I'm happy to assist you.

    Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'm not sure if you already have tried this but I do not want to miss important troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps on the link below:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

    Let me know if you already tried this or this did not work for you. I have another possible workaround for you to try after this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments