Sorry to answer so late. I was busy possibly ruining someone else's computer in another thread.
Not a problem, I've done this in real life! LOL
You definitely are right to be wary of possibly obsolete WEB material. Usually, I will check to at least see whether the instructions still exist before pointing somewhere anywhere.
Sometimes I notice the instructions simply do not match with what I've been doing with the current version. And sometimes I will simply try to follow these instructions. Another good reason to have my text systems.
"Given the problems I'm having on this mini, I decided to start all over, and reinstalled 20H2. It won't crate a recovery drive... again."
I was able to create one in my 20H2. It did take 2 hours -- or was it 3? Seemed longer than usual. You could do without it, & just use the recovery environment of an Installation USB drive (repair your computer). But the Recovery drive has an option that I think would reset the computer to its current version (if made by the current version). And the reset that is on an Installation drive I think will be to the latest version of Windows, even if greater than the version of the Installation drive. But I've never done either.
In all this testing, I don't think I've had one take this long. Were you making a drive with system files, or without system files? I did both, as I wanted to know what the general difference was in the size of thumb drive required. I want to be able to tell a client what size to buy, and the best/most complete one to create. MS is no help here, as you can get a message to use a drive larger than 16GB. Fine and dandy, but how much larger? No indication at all for this. And no indication to the user as to what is included in the system files. And I now wonder if you shouldn't make a new drive every so often to reflect changes, updates, and additions.
Before going further, I need to differentiate the mini drives I have. The one I've been talking about and using I'll call L1. The second I'll call L2. Then only major difference I know of is L1 does not have built-in wireless, L2 does.
The failed attempt I mentioned on L1 was using a 32 GB all but new low priced thumb drive. And I wondered if thee was a problem with the thumkb drive. I took that thumb drive to L2, and it created the Recovery drive with no problem. Same settings, but I don't remember which. Probably included the system files..
This made no sense to me, unless there was something screwed up in Windows on L1. So I booted from this Recovery drive, and installed the base system image I had created earlier. Now L1 will make a Recovery drive, with and without the system files. My conclusion? Something in the OS was screwed up.
"I have the same Intel driver listed twice. Resonably sure it's a display driver, but like you, why? The only other Intel product that I remember is in the system is the SSD boot drive."
Well, you could do a Search for it to know what it is. Or type the driver name into the Find box of MSInfo32 (type into Search) to see what it is.
Yours is twice too? But what about your other drivers listed there, are they doubled too? Hmm. So, now I tried to turn Core Isolation/Memory Integrity on again, & the display driver is still listed just twice -- not thrice. So, there must be a different reason for it. Maybe it is there twice because it happened in 2004 for me twice. Once when I upgraded to it from Windows Update. But I reverted that due to instability, & later upgraded again using an ISO. Or maybe it was the upgrade to 20H2 that did it. It was only after that, I think, that I knew to turned that setting off.
Maybe we have made the wrong assumption. Not how many times a driver is used, but how many devices/peripherals/whatever use the same driver. And maybe, they aren't using the same version. Does MSinfo32 list the versions numbers? This isn't something I've never had a reason to check on.