I've been on a quest to find a backup system for Windows that is:
- Easy to use visually for folks with vision issues. That includes me. :-(
- Easy for a newbie to understand by simply reading the information provided on the screen.
- All aspects actually work.
- Preferably has a free version, for those that cannot afford the prices for the software. This is especially a problem for vendors who use the subscription model.
Given the number of 3rd party programs I've tried that don't actually work in all aspects, I've been setting up the Microsoft provided software.
With the exception of File History, which for me, occasionally does not add new files to the History after they are created, I've been happy with the results.
So it's depressing to see MS is deprecating a system that at least works as well for me as most 3rd party candidates I've tried. FWIW, of the programs I've tried, only one has seemed to work in all cases, but fails miserably for points 1 & 2 above.
That being said, the following questions come to mind:
- For those who are part of the Insider program, has there been any discussion regarding the reversal of the decision to deprecate the MS software?
- Does anyone have suggestions regarding a program or programs that meet the desired needs listed above?