Hi Greg
I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .
This is a known bug in the Windows 10 update process, Microsoft provide the steps to fix that error on the page below:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Checks system requirements. Everything is a go.
Did the download.
Got message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition."
How do I continue?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Greg
I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .
This is a known bug in the Windows 10 update process, Microsoft provide the steps to fix that error on the page below:
Followed the link you provided. Have four partitions:
When I select Disk Management Volumes tab the table is empty. No GPT or MBR.
How should I proceed?
Hi Greg
Are those the partitions on your hard drive?
If so, you have a UEFI system with a hard drive with a GPT partition style, so the GPT steps are the ones to follow on that page . . .
.
Thought everything was going fine. Went through download and then started installation which has been stuck on 99% for 16 hours now. Doesn't seem normal to me. What are my alternatives?
Hi Greg
That update should take a maximum of maybe 3 hours and generally 2 hours . . .
If that is still stuck at 99%, for that length of time, then you have no other choice, press and hold the Power Button on the casing of your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down
Wait a few seconds and then start your PC again, that update will either complete, or it will roll back . . .