Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Upgrade to Version 2004

Anonymous
2020-11-07T09:21:27+00:00

Checks system requirements. Everything is a go.

Did the download. 

Got message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

How do I continue?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-11-07T10:03:26+00:00

    Hi Greg

    Are those the partitions on your hard drive?

    If so, you have a UEFI system with a hard drive with a GPT partition style, so the GPT steps are the ones to follow on that page . . .

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-07T09:58:44+00:00

    Followed the link you provided. Have four partitions:

    1. Healthy (Recovery Partition)
    2. Healthy (EFI System Partition)
    3. Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
    4. Healthy (Recovery Partition)

    When I select Disk Management Volumes tab the table is empty. No GPT or MBR.

    How should I proceed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-11-07T09:23:57+00:00

    Hi Greg

    I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

    This is a known bug in the Windows 10 update process, Microsoft provide the steps to fix that error on the page below:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/308624...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments