Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Upgrade to Version 2004

Anonymous
2020-11-07T09:21:27+00:00

Checks system requirements. Everything is a go.

Did the download. 

Got message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

How do I continue?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-11-10T11:13:05+00:00

    Hi Greg

    What is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T11:07:09+00:00

    Can't get to BIOS. Keeps going to Windows Setup no matter what I try. I did the USB boot change the day before yesterday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-11-10T09:02:12+00:00

    Hi Greg

    Those USB connections are okay they should not be causing this problem . . .

    To disable Secure / Safe Boot, boot your PC into BIOS, then on the security Tab, you should find that option . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-10T08:58:37+00:00

    Plugged into USB ports. Please let me know which count as "drives"

    • Bluetooth dongle
    • WiFi adapter dongle
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse
    • Connection to USB-C port on monitor
    • USB 3.0 connection to monitor

    I will try to figure out the rest of your directions, but if in the meantime I could use help on that. I've done it before, I just don't remember how.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-11-09T19:56:14+00:00

    Hi Greg

    If there are any other USB drives connected to your PC, disconnect those

    Have you disabled Secure/Safe Boot in BIOS and if there is a setting to enable USB Boot, is that enabled?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments