Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T03:53:03+00:00

    Can I just say THANK YOU!!! This solved my issue with no errors and was extremely fast and easy. BLESS YOUR HEART :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-19T12:25:10+00:00

    For me the update was stuck at 24% overnight.

    I turned off the bits, crypto, & update services, renamed the software dist' & Catroot2 folders, and this resolved my issue.

    Microsoft has had issues with updates for years (even decades), why on earth they don't fix it, or provide a utility to do it is just lazy or incompetant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-15T05:48:38+00:00

    I tried this and now the windows update service is stopping and it showed an error earlier, I can't even restart it since all the options are grayed out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-16T03:53:02+00:00

    I found out after trial and error that, you just have to let Windows update take it's time. I've waited 8-12 hours for certain updates to complete. Extremely frustrating since there is no status update bar that gives you an idea when update will be completed. By shutting down system early before updates were complete, I corrupted the operating system and needed to go to restore point or do a fresh install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more