Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-26T04:53:35+00:00

    I was having the same problem on a brand new Huawei Matebook 13. It ceased after I spent some time running the Windows 10 Update Assistant application. As the percentage climbed up in the Update Assistant, the update would succeed in Windows Update and request a restart. I would restart, eventually get stuck on another update, and do the same thing all over again. Now I'm all up to date, and I never once got to 100% in the Update Assistant.

    I'm not sure if that means that running the Update Assistant fixed the problem or if it just needed more time than I was giving it previously, but Windows Update tells me that I'm all up to date now, so I'm happy either way.

    I hope this helps. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T15:49:18+00:00

    not sure about you for me it just took a very long time, I just minimized the paged, walked away and came back later and it was almost finished. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-20T17:26:42+00:00

    I have the Same issue but it gets to 79% on the update 20H2 and then it stops. This is honestly ridiculous and I am tired of Microsoft **** and because of this a service pops u that starts using 20% of my CPU at all times.

    Services that pop up and use up my CPU, Ram, and Disk 

    - Dism Host Servicing Process

    • Modern Setup Host

    Specs 

    I5-7300HQ

    16gb DDR4 

    HD Graphics 630

    GTX 1050 2GB

    Widows 10 version - 1909

    Update - Windows 10 - version 20H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T14:37:22+00:00

    I'm stucked at 18% but in the blue screen. I can't access the control panel. What I can do? 

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T17:49:48+00:00

    Your nVidia graphics card is the problem. Remove your graphics card, use the onboard graphics and the issue will be resolved. 20H2 has issues with nVidia graphics cards. revert back to your previous version of win 10 and reinstall your graphics card.

    UPDATE: Try disabling the onboard graphics adapter in device manager. Then reboot to the bios and change your graphics settings to "PCIe."

    UPDATE 2:

    I actually got 20H2 to install and run smoothly on my desktop. I disabled my nVidia Graphics Adapter in the Device Manager leaving only the Intel Graphics Adapter running. Rebooted my system to bios and changed the graphics to igpu (Intel onboard graphics). Save and reboot to windows. Update to  20H2 from within windows and then go back to device manager. Disable the Intel Graphics Adapter (give it a few seconds to take) and then enable the nVidia or whichever graphics card you want to run. Reboot. Bios. Change the graphics to PCIe. Save and exit. Windows will now run without issue. Do Not Enable the Intel Graphics Adapter. I think there is an issue with 2 graphics adapters being enabled at the same time that creates the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments