Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-20T17:26:42+00:00

    I have the Same issue but it gets to 79% on the update 20H2 and then it stops. This is honestly ridiculous and I am tired of Microsoft **** and because of this a service pops u that starts using 20% of my CPU at all times.

    Services that pop up and use up my CPU, Ram, and Disk 

    - Dism Host Servicing Process

    • Modern Setup Host

    Specs 

    I5-7300HQ

    16gb DDR4 

    HD Graphics 630

    GTX 1050 2GB

    Widows 10 version - 1909

    Update - Windows 10 - version 20H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T15:49:18+00:00

    not sure about you for me it just took a very long time, I just minimized the paged, walked away and came back later and it was almost finished. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-26T04:53:35+00:00

    I was having the same problem on a brand new Huawei Matebook 13. It ceased after I spent some time running the Windows 10 Update Assistant application. As the percentage climbed up in the Update Assistant, the update would succeed in Windows Update and request a restart. I would restart, eventually get stuck on another update, and do the same thing all over again. Now I'm all up to date, and I never once got to 100% in the Update Assistant.

    I'm not sure if that means that running the Update Assistant fixed the problem or if it just needed more time than I was giving it previously, but Windows Update tells me that I'm all up to date now, so I'm happy either way.

    I hope this helps. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T17:07:05+00:00

    I have the same problem with x64 at 19% running for the last 6 hours. I don’t want to power down/restart as the last time I did this during an update caused lockout, hassle, time and money for an engineer to get the laptop up and running again. Can someone offer advice on what to do to resolve the issue during blue screen ‘working on install’ please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-13T06:55:14+00:00

    Hi Daniela

    I have the same issue with this update. I followed your advice but I cannot click on the 'Stop' as all options are greyed out.

    Help please

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments