Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-29T04:26:25+00:00

    Hi WongLI,

    I had this issue for 2 days and I fixed it in a way of another, I had to reinstall the windows so it would actually take the new update in serious, unfortunately I think that's the only to get it done.

    Things I've tried:

    Stopping Windows update services from CMD, and starting them back.

    Scanning for any corrupt files (In CMD with the command "sfc/scannow")

    Downloading the update manually from the update catalog

    None of the above worked for me, but u can try it yourself maybe it works for you.

    Hopefully this helps you guys

    Kind regards,

    Deadly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-10T12:08:12+00:00

    hello!
    did you stop Windows update and just kept going with  "Windows 10 Update Assistant application." or did you let them work simultaneously?

    thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T07:20:07+00:00

    I have Intel Iris graphics card and still face same issue. Windows update stuck at 20% and updating using windows update assist stuck at 32%.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-06T16:07:29+00:00

    I did that and nothing. It looks like I need to do a fresh reinstall. thanks for the help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-06T04:12:08+00:00

    Iike my post said. Go to Administrative Tools click on Services then scroll down to window update then click Stop.

    Do this first/prior to starting your Update. This approach worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments