Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-15T05:48:38+00:00

    I tried this and now the windows update service is stopping and it showed an error earlier, I can't even restart it since all the options are grayed out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-19T12:25:10+00:00

    For me the update was stuck at 24% overnight.

    I turned off the bits, crypto, & update services, renamed the software dist' & Catroot2 folders, and this resolved my issue.

    Microsoft has had issues with updates for years (even decades), why on earth they don't fix it, or provide a utility to do it is just lazy or incompetant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T03:53:03+00:00

    Can I just say THANK YOU!!! This solved my issue with no errors and was extremely fast and easy. BLESS YOUR HEART :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-05T09:12:47+00:00

    forced it to shut down.by pressing on/off key..!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-05T09:09:01+00:00

    same issue with me..its so annoying and it makes my laptop slow.if you found solution please share here.thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments