id reccomend ubuntu but im loyal to windows myself
Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing
I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-11-23T23:15:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-07-10T08:59:45+00:00 I appreciate the time taken to help but simply copy/pasting a stock answer does not help - please read the question.
The computer will not boot past the updating screen so any advice that involves running or editing simply will not work. Advice on how to boot without the PC going through the update screen is needed if possible.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-01T00:05:47+00:00 Hi David,
I had similar issues installing updates. I resolved the issues so I wrote my troubleshooting steps below for you.
I noticed the lingering update was an issue for me for a few updates as well.
Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus Version: 1.343.134.0 stopped installing at 20%.
I ended in task manager with no joy because the service was utilizing 100% disk. It was no longer close to 100% after the task restarted itself.
The fix action for the update was restarting the computer for another update that had just finished installing.
Also the feature update to Windows 10, version 20H1 failed to install multiple times on my computer.
I tried restarting the service and restarting the computer, with no joy.
The fix action for this update was turning on a service called "Windows Update Medic Service." This service needs to be manually turned on. After starting this service and restarting the "Windows Update" service my computer installed the rest of its updates with no problems.
I hope this helps.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more