Hi Daniela.
Feature updates hanging is an ongoing issue, and a very very annoying and frustrating ongoing issue.
WHAT are Microsoft doing to prevent future issues ?, its obviously a problem created by the program, so why dont they solve it ?.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Daniela.
Feature updates hanging is an ongoing issue, and a very very annoying and frustrating ongoing issue.
WHAT are Microsoft doing to prevent future issues ?, its obviously a problem created by the program, so why dont they solve it ?.
Every company now a days is full of people who dont even know what they are doing. Windows updates just get worse and worse cause they don't know what they are doing
Microsoft has send an update and its just got stuck at 20% and make the system freeze. Its scam by Microsoft, they keep sending suck update and make the system down so the user will be forced to upgrade their system.
Multi billion dollar Microsoft at its best. Another update, another days productivity destroyed by a computer that won't do anything due to another stuck update.
How many times have I read Microsoft's claims that we can update when we want? And yet still, here we are, with a forced update that takes all day and more.
Planning on a new system, now looking towards apple.
05/25/2021
RE: Windows Update: KB5003179 & KB5003124
I'm using a HP Pavilion Notebook laptop 17" screen with 12 GB of RAM.
I have literally been working on trying to get installs to download and install since 10 AM this morning. Initially I was informed I needed to update my BIOS .... that was a job in and of itself. After updating the BIOS I was unable to logon ... it kept asking for my prior password. After numerous restarts, it finally asked for my Microsoft sign in and password ... no idea what triggered that ... but it worked. Then I was able to create a new PC password and even create a PIN to allow easy log on. Later in the day, out of nowhere, up popped a screen requesting I update .NET to 4.8, which I did. Now it's probably 4 PM. I continued to search the internet and followed many different instructions regarding stalled Windows Updates: removing the battery and unplugging the PC, stopping the PC, shutting down the internet and restarting without any WIFI or Internet connection, creating and running a Repair.Bat file, etc. It seemed to "start" doing actual downloads and completing them around 6 PM. At that time I plugged the ethernet cable directly into the PC instead of using WiFi ... maybe that was what got things working ... who knows? Then I checked for Windows Updates again (after restarting a few times for safety assurances) and ran into these two (2) updates.
Again, after quite some time of trying to install KB5003179, I clicked on Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Windows Update .... just as I was about to stop the process, I used Alt+Tab to go back to the Windows Update screen as a final check to see if any progress had been made ... the install was now complete and started on installing Windows Update: KB5003124. That one completed rather quickly. Then the Restart Now button appeared and I was able to click on it. That was at 9:28 PM ... the restart took 21 minutes. Just for a double check, I immediately restarted the PC again ... no issues. Again, for the upteenth time, I checked for Windows Updates; it still shows I need to download and install Windows Update: KB5003124??? Again, the install appears to be stuck ... at 20%! It's been a full 12 hours of trying to install 3 or 4 Windows updates and it's still not done ... time to call it a day!!! I'll leave the PC on and hope the download and update will be done when I check it in the morning :(