I have the same problem with x64 at 19% running for the last 6 hours. I don’t want to power down/restart as the last time I did this during an update caused lockout, hassle, time and money for an engineer to get the laptop up and running again. Can someone offer advice on what to do to resolve the issue during blue screen ‘working on install’ please?
Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing
I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-02-21T17:07:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-20T17:26:42+00:00 I have the Same issue but it gets to 79% on the update 20H2 and then it stops. This is honestly ridiculous and I am tired of Microsoft **** and because of this a service pops u that starts using 20% of my CPU at all times.
Services that pop up and use up my CPU, Ram, and Disk
- Dism Host Servicing Process
- Modern Setup Host
Specs
I5-7300HQ
16gb DDR4
HD Graphics 630
GTX 1050 2GB
Widows 10 version - 1909
Update - Windows 10 - version 20H2
-
Anonymous
2021-05-26T02:15:15+00:00 5/25/2021
Mine stuck at 20% for almost an hour.
As I began to go to my Control Panel, it changed from 20% to 73%. After a few minutes it changed to 74% and has been stuck there for quite sometime.
It appears more and more of Microsoft's updates are failing to install; not sure what's going on. One would think they'd make sure these will install easily and fluidly ... Shame on you Microsoft!
-
Anonymous
2021-02-26T04:53:35+00:00 I was having the same problem on a brand new Huawei Matebook 13. It ceased after I spent some time running the Windows 10 Update Assistant application. As the percentage climbed up in the Update Assistant, the update would succeed in Windows Update and request a restart. I would restart, eventually get stuck on another update, and do the same thing all over again. Now I'm all up to date, and I never once got to 100% in the Update Assistant.
I'm not sure if that means that running the Update Assistant fixed the problem or if it just needed more time than I was giving it previously, but Windows Update tells me that I'm all up to date now, so I'm happy either way.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
-
Anonymous
2021-06-10T02:43:15+00:00 Why do we have to remove or disable graphics cards. Cut through the technical word salad and get this issue fixed. The update should have never been released because Microsoft knew about this issue and did not provide a workaround. I fell the updates should be monitored with a status bar and time left to let users know it will take 6-10 hours to complete the update. Tens of thousands of man-hours are lost by users trying to get their updates installed.