Windows update version 20h2 is stuck at 20% installing

Anonymous
2020-10-29T01:34:05+00:00

I've tried to install this update on my laptop, but it's stuck at 20% installing. Any help?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-16T22:12:43+00:00

    I went to services.msc then at bottom double clicked windows update. I started it and stopped it like 10 times over an hr., with windows update window open( Showing update @20%) and after a couple of times the % started moving. It Stuck again at 46%, so I repeated on and off with Windows update under services, another few times got me to 77%, I think I finally rebooted there, and when I finally got back to check updates screen, boom it went to 100% and said to restart it.

    It took another 1/2+ hr., to boot and install/ updating windows don't shut comp...

    So that was that...I hope it helps someone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-16T22:11:25+00:00

    I went to services.msc then at bottom double clicked windows update. I started it and stopped it like 10 times over an hr., with windows update window open( Showing update @20%) and after a couple of times the % started moving. It Stuck again at 46%, so I repeated on and off with Windows update under services, another few times got me to 77%, I think I finally rebooted there, and when I finally got back to check updates screen, boom it went to 100% and said to restart it.

    It took another 1/2+ hr., to boot and install/ updating windows don't shut comp...

    So that was that...I hope it helps someone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more